For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and, from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (together being the “Data Protection Laws”), the data controller is PNR UK Ltd.
PNR UK Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
PNR UK Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from May 2018.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) requires that information about an individual be kept confidential, unless that person has given permission for it to be disclosed. This scheme is not intended to provide access to personal information under the Data Protection Act.
What we collect & Information about You/Company We may collect the following information from customers and legitimate interests (information relevant to customer orders and enquiries):
- Contact information including, name, job title & email address (buyers/sales/accounts/management etc.)
- Company name
- Demographic information such as business address and postcode
- Other addresses may include site locations or alternate delivery addresses
- Various telephone numbers and fax numbers as supplied by yourselves
- Various e-mail addresses as supplied by yourselves
- VAT number
- Bank account details
Legitimate interest would generally be anyone interested in our products and services. This applies to both existing customers and new customers and or those enquiring for quotations, information relating to existing orders or applications and new order enquiries.
Information pertaining to your Company or you as an individual customer, as well as our own company data is stored on our own secure server and that is backed up daily for security and loss prevention measures. PNR UK ltd and our I.T. company ATG-IT are the only parties who can access that backup information.
We also retain hardcopy files of quotations, technical drawings and specific information relating to previous orders, enquiries and applications in our company filing cabinets within our offices. This history is often essential for us to be able to provide the best service we can to our customers – especially those who have a long history with us.
We do not anticipate collecting any ‘sensitive personal data’ from you, within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, or a ‘special category of personal data’ within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation of 2018.
What we do with the information we gather We use data relating to You/Your business to facilitate trading with you and your Company and for general correspondence with your staff on a regular basis. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the best service possible, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and for accounting, invoicing, bookkeeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Customer order history and product application technical history is a vital resource for us to continue to provide the best service we can to long-term customers.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information from this business which we think you may find interesting using the email address provided.
How long we hold information The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) states that personal data we hold shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed. For accountancy and auditing purposes old orders are kept as hard copy files within our offices. This information is kept for a minimum of 7 years, after which it is securely shredded by an approved company.
We do not store credit card details and credit card information is securely destroyed as soon as a transaction has been processed.
Controlling your personal information You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you fill in our contact form on the website, please indicate whether you would be happy for us to use your information for direct marketing purposes. You can do this in the message box/field on our contact form.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your Rights The Data Protection Laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. An Access Request may be subject to an administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You additionally have the right to ask for your Personal Data to be deleted, sometimes known as the ‘Right to Erasure’. Please contact us using the details set out above or write to GDPR, PNR UK Ltd, 28a Harris Business Park, Hanbury Road, Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove, Worcs. B60 4DJ or please write to email address email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of those rights and we will be happy to assist.